I'm Professor of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Power Engineering
Dept., Zagazig University, EGYPT (1993-now) and Chairman of Mechanical Power Engineering
Dept. (1999-2005), with particular interests in:
1. Gas and Particulate flows in axial turbomachinery and the associated erosion
damage, performance deterioration and aeroelastic behavior (examples are found in
aero-engines of both conventional aircrafts and helicopters as well as coal-fired
2. Gas and Particulate flows in radial flow turbomachinery and their erosion rates
(examples are found in Auxiliary Power Units of aircraft like Boeing 737,747,767
and helicopters) and particle separators.
3. Particulate flows and the erosion damage of pipe bends likely to be found in
pneumatic conveying systems.
4. Particulate flows in internal combustion engines and its effects on both erosion
damage of internal surfaces and oil contamination. The effects of filtration on
the performance and lifetime of ICE.
5. Aerodynamics of road vehicles with particular interest in ways of minimizing
drag force and fuel consumption. Aerodynamic Interference between road vehicles
in parallel passing. Aerodynamics of road vehicles during crossing tunnels.
6. Aerodynamics, Aeroelasticity and dynamics of horizontal axis and vertical axis
wind turbines (HAWT and VAWT).
7. Computational methods applied to different internal and external flow problems.
8. Particulate flow in the intakes of jet engines.
9. Ice Accretion of the intakes of aero-engines.
10. Fouling of turbomachinery operating in polluted environments.
11. Erosion problems of the intakes and low pressure compressors of the turboshaft
engines of tanks.